Our motto is:
“Man and Nature in an Impressive Interaction”
Neochim PLC’s activity goes along fully with the harmony of “Man – Nature” relations. The company makes best efforts, led by its ambition that aims at maintaining and continuously improving the quality of the products offered and the environment, based on effective management of company’s processes.
In the end of 2004, in compliance with the legal requirements, Neochim PLC received Complex permits 8 and 9 from Ministry of Environment and Water. The execution of the conditions stated guarantees compliance of productions facilities with national and European ecological norms. The company also received operational permit 10/2006 related to prevention of large accidents with dangerous chemical substances and restriction of their consequences as well as Greenhouse Gases permit 144 /2008.
As an instrument for achieving the goals Neochim PLC has developed, introduced and certified environmental management system in compliance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001. The system has been integrated along with the already certified system for quality management in compliance with ISO 9001.
The production processes and facilities are under uninterrupted control. Periodical and continuous monitoring for emissions from the production facilities of Neochim PLC, waste water, soil , noise emissions and waste have been introduced. In order to control environmental parameters on Neochim PLC’s territory, an accredited Testing Laboratory Ecology has been set up.
Compliance with ecological norms by the company guarantees clean environment. Neochim PLC aims at applying best available practices in management of production processes. In that way the company is concerned about ensuring ecological balance and serves as an example for other companies in the chemical industry.
The serious ecological investment programme is in compliance with the company’s policy. Numerous actions were directed completely towards production improvement and reduction of negative impact on the environment:
- NOx emissions to the atmosphere reduction for ammonia plant, achieved by general revamp of reforming furnace.
- NOx emissions reduction from 43% nitric acid unit after introduction of additional alkaline tower and absorption acid cooling.
- Construction of system for collecting of waste water (lye) and its return in the production cycle of ammonium hydrogen carbonate unit.
- Better skilled usage of thermal energy by electrical power production in 60 % nitric acid unit – tubogenerator station has been built with capacity of 8.6 mW/h.
- Underground water monitoring – piezometers for periodical control of underground water and system for quality control of underground water have been built.
Currently Neochim PLC is working on:
- Modernization, reconstruction and optimization of operational mode for purification equipment of the straight air mix and waste air leaving ammonium nitrate plant.
- Developing of effective technology for processing and utilization of the waste middling slime to NPK and NP fertilizers with magnesium content.
- Building of buffer reservoir for highly contaminated waste water and restoration of chemically contaminated water sewerage.
- Building of new waste depot.
In compliance with its commitment for continuous improvement and achievement of goals for pollution prevention Neochim PLC works for:
Reduction of the packaging portion of raw materials and materials – paper and plastic packaging.
Quantity reduction of packaging that contains hazardous substances by securing of contracts for multiple usage packaging with suppliers.
Implementation of feasibility study for disposal of waste by utilizing and/or neutralizing.
Thanks to its many years of history, successfully implemented practices and company policies, Neochim PLC succeeds in not only being a leader on fertilizer market but also in imposing its image of a producer that cares for the environment.
by the management of Neochim PLC, Dimitrovgrad, on quality, environment and occupational health and safety policy
NEOCHIM PLC is a leading manufacturer of nitrogen mineral fertilizers in Bulgaria. At the present moment we meet the main share of the market demand for ammonium nitrate in the country. A part of the production is exported to the international market as well, where the company maintains stable positions.
The main goal of the management’s policy is to strive for maintaining and constantly improving the quality of the offered products and the environment, occupational health and safety and the achieved results on the basis of efficient management of the company processes. Our policy aims at a better satisfaction of the needs and expectations of our interested parties, customers, and at achieving compliance with all compliance obligations to the products, environment, occupational health and safety.
In order to achieve the ultimate goal, the management will work for:
- Management of the benefits and costs resulting from its overall activity, and setting reasonable, achievable, and economically secured goals and tasks, related to quality, the environment and occupational health and safety as an element of the organization, s business processes;
- Loyalty and orientation towards present and future customers. Assuring a system range, suitable for our products, activities and impacts on the environment, nature of risk and risk levels associated with occupational health and safety;
- Improving the consumer qualities of the products based on establishing mutually beneficial relations with suppliers and customers, and maintaining efficient partnership in the process of joint work.
- Creation of efficient organization of company management, through which a flexible and quick reaction will be carried out in the event of changes in market conditions, and for observing the applicable all compliance obligations of our company concerning environmental aspects, occupational health and safety and compliance assessment.
- Optimization of the product prices and reduction of the impact on the environment by life cycle perspective, and ensuring the necessary resources for technological renovation.
- Defining our responsibility for the customers’ and society’s health and safety with regard to the impact of our products and processes.
- Creating credibility among the interested parties in the organization’s efficiency, by strict observation of the technological and ecological requirements of the production process.
- Continuous improvement and achievement of goals related to enhanced environmental performance and protection of the environment including avoidance of environmental pollution аnd climate changes, injuries and illnesses by performing systematic checks and applying corrective and preventive actions.
- Active engagement of the top management and each staff member, and adopting the principles and the spirit of this policy, by ensuring motivation, training, and competence.
- Assessment of the efficiency and suitability of the policy by its regular review and actualization by the management, depending on the changes and the evaluation of our activity.
By implementing this policy Neochim PLC will respond to the high requirements toward quality, the environment and occupational health and safety, in compliance with the international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001. This policy has been proclaimed to all staff members, employed by the company, and has been made available to all interested parties.